You home is and should be your sanctuary from all the hustles and stresses of life. It should be that one place where you find relaxation and comfort. A place you yearn to get to after a long day at work. However, this cannot be the case unless the right environment is availed and what other way to ensure your house is such a home than furnishing it with just that. Here are a few top interior design trends for 2016 that are sure to improve your home.
- Tradition inspired fabrics; Color is the current hit and when we talk color, it is not your regular boring black or white. Trending currently are bright indigenous colors inspired by the traditional Guatemala Mayan fabric. This can be nicely incorporated into your home to offer that bright and warm environment you so desire.
- Going extra large; that is right. 2015 offered large and 2016 is the year for extra large. If you are thinking floors and walls, currently on top of the trends is the large tile format. While at it, tiles are not the only home enhancements that you should go extra-large on. Extra-large monochrome art will not only make your bedroom look well-furnished but such is sure to eliminate boredom associated with having large empty spaces.
- Niche appliances; as the contemporary home keeps evolving so should you. If you are thinking of furnishing your home in 2016, you sure should be thinking steam ovens, induction cook tops, warming drawers, you name it. With steam ovens you will be assured of healthy, thoroughly cooked food. Save space with induction cooktops while keeping your home safe especially if you have kids. Warming drawers are sure to keep your healthy meals simmering hot just the way you like it.
- Outdoor fabrics for indoors; the use of outdoor fabrics indoors is with time gaining popularity. More and more designers prefer use of these fabrics in high frequency areas of the home like the living room due to their durability and this is expected to remain a top trend in 2016.
- Decorative mirrors; Mirrors are an all-time home designer favorite. If space is an issue in your home, decorative mirrors can help make the house look more spacious and less congested. Besides, if you cannot get natural light into your home, mirrors are sure to light up and brighten the home.
- Mixed metals; Metals are some of those things that any home will have but the big deal is finding the right one. 2015 was the copper year and 2016 is the year for mixed metals- copper, gold, steel, and such like. Metals are the 2016 in thing for home stands, pendants, pedestals and holds.
Basically, there are a thousand and one designs that you can choose from for your home. However, if you are the spicy kind of person, keeping up with the top design trends for 2016 will not only ensure your home is comfortable and appealing to be in but the designs are sure to make your home the envy of everyone in your neighborhood.